WordPress for Churches is THE book you’ll need if you want to get your faith-based website up and running quickly with WordPress, on your own privately-hosted website, and at a cost of just a few dollars a month. Follow the steps in this first chapter, and you’ll be up and running with your own privately-hosted WordPress web site! Best of all, you don’t need prior computer experience, programming knowledge, or web design skills. This book will show you-
· How to register a domain and quickly set up web hosting using GoDaddy, the world’s leading provider of domain name and web hosting services
· How you can install WordPress with just a few simple steps
· How you can add posts and pages with content that meets the needs of your spiritual flock
· How you can use the incredible power of themes to give your website a distinctive look
· How you can use widgets and plugins to vastly expand the functionality of your site, with sermon libraries, church calendars, and ways to process online donations
· How you can easily add images, audio, and video to your site
If you’ve wanted to build your own website for your house of worship but felt it was beyond your capabilities, think again! And if you want a website but you’ve been put off by the technobabble that is all too common in computer books, you’ve arrived at the right place. In an hour or less this book steps you through setting up a hosting account and your own private domain, and installing WordPress. You’ll find detailed step-by-step directions for setting up WordPress with GoDaddy, the world’s leading name in domain registrations, and you’ll find recommendations for many major web hosting companies that also offer automated installations of WordPress.